Golfer's Paradise

This blog is designed to provide golf news from all areas.. amateur, professional, male and female. To be honest whatever I come across as well as providing some tips and opinions on certain issues which may arise. I'll just wait and see really. I will tell you though that it will only get better so I would advise you to become an avid reader now so as you don't have any regrets in the future!

Friday, April 28, 2006

Equipment

There is so much equipment now available for golf that I sometimes think that I'm buying a car when I look at golf equipment. That is part of the reason why I am using a set of my dad's old irons at the moment... they are working well for me at the moment so why should I bother to change them. Obviously each person has different preferences about golf clubs and therefore I am wary about giving out advice but here is some points and opinions I have formed and been given about the current market.

I have been given very good reports about the Ping G5 driver and have even heard rumours taht it is better than the G2 which is quite impressive. The Ping G2 was known as being one of the best drivers for ladies and I think that the G5 lives up to this same ability. I curently use the Callaway Big Bertha driver which I got last season and personally find it very effecive and attractive at set up. In terms of irons it all depends what you are looking for but I think ping are good for cavity backs and also now beginning develop irons for the better player. The callaway X-series has never disappointed and are reliable clubs for all players with the Pro-series being available for the better ball strikers. If it is Blades you are looking for I would say that Mizuno and Titleist are still leading the way. My main advice for irons and woods would be to go along to your local stockist and try various clubs until you find one you like.... custom fitting is also to be highly recommended. When trying clubs don't hit more than 5 balls with any club without hitting one of your current clubs in between as this way you can ensure that you are not adapting your swing to the club but that the club suits your swing.

I hope you have found this insightful.

Keep Swinging

1 Comments:

  • At 11:38 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This was very interesting. I play Calloway pro series irons, and even though i'm not the best ball striker, they suit me fine. When you do strike them well they have a really rewarding feel. Thanks for the tips!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
myspace hit counter
counter