Golfer's Paradise

This blog is designed to provide golf news from all areas.. amateur, professional, male and female. To be honest whatever I come across as well as providing some tips and opinions on certain issues which may arise. I'll just wait and see really. I will tell you though that it will only get better so I would advise you to become an avid reader now so as you don't have any regrets in the future!

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

General News!

Sorry for the lack of updating... no excuses just been lazy!

Golf Destination of the Year Awards
Scotland has been voted the golf destination of the year beating The Algarve into second place. This is an award that Scotland, the home of golf thoroughly deserves. Not only does Scotland have the famous links courses which are great tests of golf but there are also many hidden gems such as Brora, Kilmarnock (Barassie). Scotland does not necessarily have the best golf courses in the world (this is a very subjective issue) but the way in which golf is appreciated and played is second to no other country. In Scotland I find players appreciate that golf courses need to be navigated when playing in order to achieve a good score and that it is not always about hitting the ball as far as possible. Many tourists who go to play golf in scotland feel the game is different and don't necessarily enjoy it but I believe that this is the roots of golf and personally I enjoy having to plot my way around a golf course.

Monty is Ryder Cup Captain

This news is a week old now but Monty has been appointed the European Ryder Cup Captain for the matches at Celtic Manor in 2010. I think that Colin Montgomerie will be an excellent captain and there is no question about whether he is deserving of the captaincy. Those who read my earlier post about the captaincy debate will know that I was hoping that Sandy Lyle would be appointed. I am very disappointed for Sandy as his achievements in golf would be deserving of the captaincy but unfortunately he has been denied it by the fact that there are too many high quality candidates at present and he has been away from the main tour for the longest. I was also hoping that Monty would not be captain until the 2014 matches at Gleneagles, Scotland, as the support there would have been amazing. Anyway I would like to wish Monty the best of luck with the preparations over the next 18 months and obviously the matches in September 2010.

Keep Swinging

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
myspace hit counter
counter