Golfer's Paradise

This blog is designed to provide golf news from all areas.. amateur, professional, male and female. To be honest whatever I come across as well as providing some tips and opinions on certain issues which may arise. I'll just wait and see really. I will tell you though that it will only get better so I would advise you to become an avid reader now so as you don't have any regrets in the future!

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Golfer of the year!

Padraig harrington has just been named European tour golfer of the year for 2008. He won this same award in 2007 which is a magnificent achievement. Harrington has, without doubt, had a fantastic season highlighted by victories in both The Open Championship and US PGA championship. He has also cemented his place in the top 5 players in the world whilst proving the skill and determination he has to be one of the best golfers in the world. I am a fan of Padraig being particularly fond of his laid back but focused attitude and how he seems to take most things in his stride whilst working hard to be the best he can be. I do not believe that Harrington is one of the most talented players in the game at the moment but he is one of the most focused and hardest working which is what I respect. Don't get me wrong I am not against talented players doing well but I appreciate people in all walks of life who make the most of what they have and strive to be as good as they can be. I read today that Harrington is planning on using his off-season break to improve his fitness and make some swing changes so he can perform consistently week in week out when it is required. For a player who has just had the best 2 seasons of his career this is an impressive attitude to have and one that, I believe, relatively few people would have. In my opinion not just in golf but all across life people readily settle for small achievements and don't strive to achieve greater things.

Good luck to Padraig and everyone else who is continuing to look to improve despite already achieving the highest points of their careers or life already.

Keep swinging x x

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
myspace hit counter
counter